About Matt O.
Matt Orth lives in NC with his wife (married 5.27.95), his two daughters (born 1.1.99 and 8.25.11) and a small army of dwarf goats and pygmy hedgehogs. He spends his time writing, reading, teaching, traveling, gardening, and inciting good people to laugh well. In addition to his creative endeavors, (a wide spectrum that includes creating characters from nothing but a wig to designing new group games), Matt O has served in church ministry for over 20 years in a variety of capacities, from church janitor to itinerant speaker, from college pastor to director of a para-church organization.
His first book, Questions of a Curious Nature, is like The Screwtape Letters had a child with The Shack that was raised by a pack of editorial cartoons. It's available here in Kindle and paperback. Read some positive reviews that capture the heart of the book here and here, and like the Facebook page here. And if that's not enough, read the first two chapters for free here.
His second book, a fantasy entitled "The Nowhere Stairs" is a Middle Grades fantasy reminiscent of the Narnia novels. His third book "The Stones of Home," a Young Adult fantasy novel, is currently seeking publication.
Matt drinks Broad River Coffee.
email Matt at email@example.com
What you'll find here at lesswithoutyou:
Matt O. is available for the following variety of needs:
- Preaching/Teaching for:
- College/university groups
- Marriage retreats
- Spiritual formation retreats/events
- Sunday morning services/Interim pastor
- Student Ministry events
- Writer/Developer for:
- Website Redesign/Fresh content (specializing in humorous/creative voice)
- Sermon series, VBS themes
- Skit/Sketch scripts
- Training/Seminars (speaking/writing: for topics, click here.)
- Creator for:
- Original games designed for one-time events or on-going play
- Creative socials or themed parties
- Scavenger Hunts tailored to your group and/or specific area
- Fresh, cost-effective ideas using your current spaces/resources
- Innovative marketing ideas to get you noticed in a positive way
- Helping your spaces, programs, or traditions break out of the box.
Matt has compiled some free and subscription based ministry resources, ranging from vibrant teaching curriculum to creative and proven ideas for ministry events. Click here.